Director, Human Resources(13414 Views)
About ANSA, IDLG, MoEc, MoHE, WJ, MoCIT
The incumbent will be responsible for Human Resource development and management issues within the Directorate. S/he will be responsible for implementing all issues related to administrative reform. The incumbent would also be responsible for managing and controlling the issues related to recruitment, transfer, retirement and promotion of the employees. S/he will also be responsible for establishing and implementing the performance management system for the Directorate.
|Date Posted:||27 Jun 2012||Reference:||ARTF/GDPDM/CBRF/36/ 06/2012|
|Closing Date:||17 Jul 2012||Work Type:|
|Number of Vacancies:||6||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Human Resource||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversees the implementation and administration of all Human Resource policies, programs and practices in the Ministry.
2. Leads the development of department goals, objectives and systems
3. Takes all appropriate actions as required to ensure skills transfer and knowledge from HR Director to the HR staff
4. Responsible for the development of work plan for the Department
5. Ensure all HR staff develop work plans and institute and monitor a regular reporting schedule against work plans
6. Provide support to Ministry heads in implementing civil service reform plans and in making progress on preparation of CBR where required
7. Improve management of HR operations and help to redress HR related problems especially at sub-national levels (if relevant).
Recruitment and selection:
1. Ensures all recruitment policies, procedures and practices are followed in accordance with all relevant laws and Civil Service guidelines
2. Reviews, monitors and evaluates the compliance and effectiveness of all Ministry recruitment processes
Training and development:
1. Assesses the training needs of the HR Department and designs and implements training programmes for HR staff, including training provided by the Civil Service Institute /other training providers
2. Provides support and assistance to other Ministry staff in the development of human resources , training needs assessments, and the implementation of training programmes
3. Responsible for the provision of Ministry wide training reports to the Deputy Minister
1. Plans, develops, implements and administers programs, procedures and guidelines for performance management in the Ministry, in accordance with IARCSC guidelines
2. Leads the implementation of a performance management system
3. Provides HR support and advice to other managers and staff within the Ministry on performance management and performance appraisal.
1. Proper strategic, action and work plans are developed or modified and put in to action.
2. An effective regular reporting procedure is adopted.
3. A transparent and merit based recruitment system is established.
4. Develop and coordinate, in association with IARCSC, all recruitment programmes for the Ministry
5. Assist other Ministry managers in the development of high quality job descriptions and approve all job descriptions for the Ministry.
6. Develop and implement training programmes for Departmental staff.
7. Performance management and performance appraisals system implemented in the Ministry in accordance with all laws and Civil Service guidelines.
The Director Human Resources shall report to his/her direct supervisor.
Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
1. A bachelor’s degree in relevant fields with 3 years relevant experiences or a Masters degree in a relevant field. (For the General Directorate, Human Resources 4 years of relevant working experience are necessary).
2. written and spoken Dari or Pashto and written and spoken English
3. Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.
All Kabul based and international applicants should submit their applications electronically. Applicants from the provinces in Afghanistan may submit hard copy applications to the civil service commission provincial offices.
For more information please contact:
Independent Administrative Reforms and Civil Service Commission
General Directorate of Programs’ Design and Management
3rd Road, Afghan Film Street, South of Kolup Askari
In all cases applications must be made using the prescribed application form: submissions of curriculum vitae alone cannot be considered.
Please submit ONLY your application electronically and mention the Title of the position plus Vacancy Number in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documentation or educational certificates with your application. If you are short listed you will be asked to submit electronic copies of your educational certificates and if you are invited to interview you will be required to present the originals of certificates.
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Note: Lobbying for a position, whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. Applicants are strongly advised to inform potential supporters of this restriction which shall be strictly enforced. All applications have the right to appeal recruitment decisions if they feel that their applications have not been treated fairly.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!