Director, Finance and Administration(2346 Views)
About Different Ministries
The Director Finance and Administration will lead and take responsibility for the management the day-to-day operations of the administration, services and finance Directorates and the quality of their output.
The Director Finance and Administration will report to the Deputy Minister (Finance and Administration).
|Date Posted:||01 Jan 2013||Reference:||ARTF/GDPDM/CBRF/94/ 01/2013|
|Closing Date:||14 Jan 2013||Work Type:|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister);
2. Give clear guidance to Directors and ensure consistency of all policies and services standards with procedures, financial or other legislation, and with the overall agenda of the government. Ensure policy proposals are in accordance with the established standards, are consistent with the law and the government’s business program and overall policy directions.
3. Ensure that Ministry is supported by professional, high standard staff and manage staff and financial resources to ensure best possible outcomes. Exercise appropriate delegations and take final responsibility for the quality and consistency of all documents that require final signature of the Deputy Minister/Minister before leaving the Ministry.
4. Liaise with other Ministries on policy development and coordination or on financial and human resources, as appropriate, to ensure the Ministry is able to meet standards and obligations and act as part of the Executive Management team for the Ministry.
5. Represent the Ministry or Deputy Minister/Minister at high level forums in Afghanistan or internationally as necessary and carry out special tasks assigned by the Deputy Minister/Minister
6. Take the day to day responsibility for management and delivery of all support services for Ministry and other elements of the centre of government
7. Act as Chief Accounting Officer for Ministry and ensure all financial resources are fully recorded and reported on, according to legislative requirements. Exercise financial delegations from the Deputy Minister/Minister. Responsible for ensuring the Deputy Minister/Minister (as Chief Financial Officer) can sign off on annual accounts or major procurements with confidence
8. Ensure that the annual budget of the Ministry is prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Finance and the financial requirements of the Ministry.
9. Take the lead in developing and documenting procedures for all financial, procurement and personnel matters in the Ministry, in accordance with new and emerging legislation and international standards of practice
10. Manage and account for all financial resources for the division from the annual and development budgets to the highest standards of integrity and in accordance with current and future regulatory requirements
11. Manage and develop the human resources of the division according to the personnel code to ensure long term sustainability for the Ministry and the Government of Afghanistan
12. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
Computer Skills in MS. Office is required
1. A bachelor’s degree in relevant fields with 3 years relevant experiences or a Masters degree in a relevant field.
2. written and spoken Dari or Pashto and written and spoken English
3. Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience can approach to General Directorate of Programs’ design & Management Office in 3rd Road, Afghan Film Street, South of Kolup Askari, Kabul – Afghanistan (Telephone: 075-2023637, 020 2302976) to collect Application form or can visit http://www.afghanexperts.gov.af/?page=Forms_Download_Page or http://www.afghanexperts.gov.af/?page=Vacancies-Menu&lang=en to download the soft copy.
Along with the completed application form, attach only your educational documents (attested by the Ministry of Higher Education) and a copy of Tazkera (National ID).
Only those who submit their applications a long with the requested documents either in hard copy or electronically within the set timeframe are considered for the next phase. Incomplete applications will be disqualified from the process.
Also, Applicants who prefer to apply electronically can send scanned copies of all requested documents, a cover letter clearly mentioning to which position they are applying and the application to firstname.lastname@example.org applicants from the provinces in Afghanistan may submit hard copy applications to the civil service commission provincial offices or apply electronically as explained.
In all cases applications must be made using the prescribed application form: submissions of curriculum vitae alone cannot be considered.
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information please contact:
Independent Administrative Reforms and Civil Service Commission
General Directorate of Programs’ Design and Management
3rd Road, Afghan Film Street, South of Kolup Askari
Note: Lobbying for a position, whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. Applicants are strongly advised to inform potential supporters of this restriction which shall be strictly enforced. All applications have the right to appeal recruitment decisions if they feel that their applications have not been treated fairly.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
نوت: لطفآ اسناد تحصیلی تان را ضمیمه فورم درخواست تان نما ئید هیچ درخواست بدون اسناد تحصیلی تحت پروسه بعدی استخدام قرار نمی گیرد
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!