Public Administration Reform National Advisor(2661 Views)
In support of the Capacity Building for Results Program, the consultant will facilitate the process of CBR implementation at the participating line ministries and help implement public administration reforms across government. The incumbent will report to PAR director in CSMD? and liaise with the Program Support Unit at MoF.
|Date Posted:||26 Mar 2013||Reference:||ARTF/GDPDM/CBR/127/ 03 /2013|
|Closing Date:||23 Apr 2013||Work Type:|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Government Advisory||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan as per the annual plan and exiting working procedures and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor.
2. Advise the PAR Director in development of P&G and Tasheekat reform across civil service organization.
3. Support the PAR Director in quality assurance and improvement of P&G reform in civil service ministries/ agencies.
4. Advise the Director of PAR on all aspects and the necessary steps to be taken to facilitate the successful implementation of CBR program at the ministry level.
5. Monitor the realistic and sustainable translation of World Bank’s CBRF Strategic Plan into streams of constructive activity for the CBR Advisory Group, reporting as required on progress to date and objectives met.
6. Represent Civil Service Management Department (CSMD) at all Advisory Group Meetings.
7. Support the development and preparation of CBR Proposals for each ministry.
8. Assist with the feedback process and help provide guidance to ministry to refine their CBR Proposals with clear vision of reform and building and effective and efficient organization.
9. Assist with the CBR criteria, guidelines and procedures making sure they are adhered to and considered by Line Ministries.
10. Assist and advise with provision of periodic reports to the Steering Committee regarding the preparation of the proposals and ensure required quality at the preparation stage of the CBR proposal.
11. Follow the suggested modification of the Steering Committee in case of the revision of the proposals.
12. Establish and maintain informed and productive relationships with stakeholders including, but not limited to, the international donor community, the Ministry of Finance, other relevant government ministries and agencies, as well as other existing or future stakeholders.
13. Any other duties as required by higher authorities in accordance with the laws, objectives and regulations of the Ministry/agency.
PAR Advisor will report to Director, PAR or Director General, Civil Service Management Directorate/IARCSC.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational need.
Skills relevant to the field along computer skills to discharge duties assigned
1. A Bachelor degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or Public Policy with 4 years of relevant experience or a Master degree in the mentioned subjects with 3 years of similar experience.
2. Fluent in Dari/Pashto, Good Standard of English is an advantage.
3. Computer skills in MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should fill in the application form online by clicking on the link \'login to apply’ and submit their applications electronically through our website: www.afghanexperts.gov.af or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Kabul based and international applicants should submit their applications electronically. Applicants from the provinces in Afghanistan may submit hard copy applications to the office address:
Independent Administrative Reforms and Civil Service Commission
General Directorate of Programs’ Design and Management
3rd Road, Afghan Film Street, South of Kolup Askari
In all cases applications must be made using the prescribed application form: submissions of curriculum vitae alone cannot be considered.
Please submit ONLY your application electronically and mention the Title of the position plus Vacancy Number in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documentation or educational certificates with your application. If you are short listed you will be asked to submit electronic copies of your educational certificates and if you are invited to interview you will be required to present the originals of certificates.
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Note: In the interests of open and fair competition and a merit based selection process applicants are advised that lobbying for a position , whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. Applicants are strongly advised to inform potential supporters of this restriction which shall be strictly enforced.
“Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply”
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!